
Loss of energy and increase of emotions
Feeling drained and at times weak
Nobody in this world to help me stand up
All the while knowing You are the one I’m to seek
My back is always facing towards you
I shouldn’t be the one leading, it’s you
I treat You like a book on a shelf
Collecting dust, untouched and without any use
Farther and farther I run away,
The devil has me in his grasp.
You’re pulling me back, it’s a tug-of-war
But the temptations get to my head real fast
Alcohol, drugs, creating gangs that deceive
Overcome my time once reserved for you
The pressure and temptations seem to mute your voice
That’s directing the righteous things I should do
Destroying my body and destroying my life
There’s not much left for me to find.
My relationship with you is crumbled to pieces
Everything I once had, now left behind.
When all is empty and hopeless
You voice begins to get more clear
I recognize that voice, sounds so familiar
It’s the voice of whom I should fear
Obeying this order, I made a 180 degree turn
There I saw God standing arms open
But what appeared in my head was the devil's concern
But the darkness swarms around me
My new life is sucking me inside
Your strength charges me, telling me to break through
Because you’re with me; the safest place to hide.
Confusion breaks out, being possessed by the demons
That names themselves as hate and depression.
You pour out your love, mercy and strength
And pushed away my nasty obsessions.
The layer of who I am now, torn away
Revealing who I once was when you were a part of me
All evil and darkness that was once within
Are released and now free
Closer and closer I am drawn to you
I’ve broken free from the devil’s grasp
In your arms, never to go alone through war
Your love; forgiveness and grace grew on me fast.
Destroying my past and the devil’s evil creation
Now I know what I’m to find
It’s your unconditional love and righteousness
I’m following only your lead, right behind.